Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Red Shoes

Who doesn't love red shoes?  I found this pair today while doing a little treasure hunting at my local Goodwill thrift store.  I wasn't looking for shoes and very soon I will share the project I was working on that took me on a treasure hunt to Goodwill.

This beautiful pair of red patent leather pumps, size 8 with come hither heels was on the rack calling out to me.  Wouldn't these look beautiful with my gray business suit?  They surely would!  Alas, my wide feet and inability to stand or walk in 4-inch heels made these beauties a bit unpractical.

What is a girl to do?  This girl purchased the $6.99 shoes, stopped at the nursery to pick up a few succulents and potting soil, came home and put my new shoes to great use as planters.  I wish I could take credit for this idea but I owe it all to my sister, Faith.  She is the repurposing queen!  My new shoes will look great on my patio.
                                                                                                                                                                         

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog...love that you are doing a garden! I just ordered the stuff to do herbs..would love to do more one of these days but not sure I could keep it going in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found me, Andee. I'm fairly new at the gardening thing. My lettuce and carrots were successful and so was the mint and basil. In fact I have one large pot that is all mint. There are going to be a lot of mojitos in my future. I've found the herbs have required the least amount of work. I have sweet peppers and tomatoes in the garden now.

    ReplyDelete