Thursday, February 20, 2014

Out of the Garden


In beautiful southern Arizona where I live, it is time to plant our gardens for the next growing season.  I've checked my carrots over the last month or so and found them to be rather gnarled.  Earlier this week I opted to pull the rest of them to prepare the space for new plants and this is what I got: a nice bunch of stubby, gnarly carrots.

What do you do with a bunch of stubby, gnarly carrots?  I cleaned them and enjoyed them as a snack over a couple of days.  They were very sweet and crunchy. . .perfect other than the shape.  They would have been beautiful roasted with the greens left on and served with dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I think twisted carrots are so cute :) even though they aren't perfect! Usually they twist because the seeds are planted too close together or are escaping obstacles (clever little things will grow around rocks!) - but I always get it wrong...the seeds are so tiny, I don't actually believe when I am planing them that I should space them as far as I need to, ha. But hey, they all go to the same place - my belly!

    ReplyDelete